Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Dazed and Confused"



I DID IT! I bought into all the hype surrounding this 4 book trilogy and purchased the first one at B&N the other day. I was going to wait for it from the library, but there were 302 people on the hold list before me, I figured hell would have frozen over before I saw a copy of it. So with that bit of information and with the fact people (grown women mind you) have lined up at 12:00 midnight to snag a copy of her 4th installment...I thought Ohhhhh, this book is going to be GOOOOOD!

Although I have to admit I was a little embarrased taking it up to the cashier I couldn't wait to get home and curl up with a nice blanket and dive into it. Sooooooooo, I don't get it? Yes, I know that this book is really aimed at a teenage audience, but I thought there would be some sustenance to it...J/C Meyer is being compared to J.K Rowling. 3/4 of the way through the book and all she has talked about is how Edward's face is so perfect and cold and beautiful and icy, and perfectly perfect and cold as ice and blah, blah, blah!!!! I really don't see where all this hype is coming from. Here is this 17 year old girl in love with an 80 year old vampire...who doesn't age, oh but he does let himself into her room every night to watch her sleep...really, come on?!! Does this series get any better??? Is there ever a plot to arise??? Can someone please let me know, asap???

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up. You're doing better than I am, cause I have never even heard of these books. Shows you how out there in the world I am. By the way, love the pictures of Trace and Cabria. You big baby!!

September 3, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home