Monday, February 27, 2012
Wow, how time flies, been awhile since I last blogged, pure laziness on my part...we are changing that ASAP.
Here's what I have been working on lately:
I am thrilled to be a the forefront of an amazing company, counting my blessings every minute.
check it out you will not be sad you did. Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought.
Here is my latest project...personalized thank you cards for my daughter so all she has to do is fill in the blanks...couldn't get any easier than that. Plus it makes sending out thank you cards FUN!!!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
To the little boy that stole my heart 11 years ago...
Thanks for letting me still call you my little boy, and for still kissing me before you head into school every morning. I know you are growing up so quickly, but my one wish for you is to always keep a little part of that sweet lil boy in your heart. And, for some reason I know you always will.
What I think would be your top five for last year:
1. Having an astounding golf season and ending the year with a 4th place finish overall in your age group... Not really quite sure if you know the depths of how great that is. Sure you think the trophy is "pretty cool" but really buddy you have developed quite a talent. There is never a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than watching you "hit the sticks." Your dad and I are so proud of you and can't wait to see what's in store for this season.
2. Hmmmmm, #2 what could it be...??? Oh yeah, your football team winning the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...that was it! What a great season for you! You got to have your dad coach and you win the championship. Those memories will last a lifetime, and if it doesn't well I think I took about 600 pictures to remind you.=)
3. Would probably be our trip to Hawaii with Gran! What a great vacation...filled with sun and surf, playing and relaxing. We sure made the best out of everyday. You got to try out some snorkeling, not sure if you were to thrilled by that, but you did get to see a turtle. You got to golf with your Grandpa, you made some friends and learned the sport of "stinging chest rashes"...I mean body boarding.
4. Camping with Grammy and Papa Bill, Uncle Matt and Aunt Jaime up at Bear Lake. You and your sister had so much fun and we built so many memories. You and Uncle Matt having a water fight...he lost! Swimming in the freezing lake, and yummy s'mores by the campfire. Definitely some of the best memories over the summer.
5. Learning how to snowboard...It was pretty far out of your comfort zone...but you are always up for a challenge. You have such determination and when you put your heart into it you can do anything!
We love you buddy! Thanks for being the light in our eyes and the joy in our hearts! Hope this is the best birthday ever! Love you SMUCH!!!
Mom, Dad, Cabria and Jonesy
Monday, October 11, 2010
6 years ago today...
...I was holding this tiny bundle of 6lbs. 5 oz. sweetness, kissing her forehead telling her how happy I was that she was finally here.
To my sweet baby girl:
C ~ Cherub...You are definitely our precious gift from heaven. God knew what he was doing when he sent you to us. He knew how our hearts ached for little girl, and he found the sweetest one and sent you down to us. We are so thankful for you, for everyday you remind us of the beauty in you and the beauty in all things. As much as it hurts to see the little baby side of you slowly fading away, I am so excited for the young lady that you are turning into.
A ~ All girl, and all things girlie! You are a lover of dresses and skirts and all things make-up...always have been and always will be. Glitter and bows and high heels and lip gloss, pink or purple, shiny and sparkly! You love dressing up, and singing and dancing! You are definitely a performer! Your new thing is videotaping yourself with my phone, the other day I found about 85 self-made videos of you singing and dancing to school songs, so sweet, I am keeping all of them!
B ~ BIG heart, huge! So sweet and so kind, so thoughtful and so giving. You love to snuggle with Dad and are always willing to share a treat or a snack with your bobo! You are such a loving soul. You care so much for everyone, and you have this knack for knowing when Mommy is sad or down, you are the first to come running with an armful of hugs and kisses. You really do brighten our each and everyday.
R ~ Radiant! Your sweet smile lights up the room! You heart beams with love and warmth! You are kind to your friends and classmates and always willing to help out. Mrs. Hargrove tells me all the time how she wishes she had 25 Cabrias in her class. You are doing so well in Kindergarten and are always so excited to tell me of the many things you learned in class that day.
I ~ Independent! You love doing your own thing! Whether it is your hair in the morning or your PB & J as an afternoon snack. You revel in the sense of accomplishment when you complete something on your own. You are always up for trying new things but also hold firm when you know it is something you don't want to do. You can't be talked into it, and that is ok by me. Hold on to that strong sense of resolve, you'll need it as you face new challenges!
A ~ Adored! By everyone, you are the light of our lives and we are so thankful for our sweet Cabria! Thank you for 6 years filled of the most amazing memories! Thanks for being our funny, quirky, silly daughter that always keeps us smiling! Thanks for all your love and hugs and kisses, because I know I couldn't face a day without out them! You are our blessing little princess and we love you from here to the moon and back again!
Love, Mom, Dad, Bobo and Jonesy!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Cabria was so proud of herself last night, she read Green Eggs and Ham, cover to cover last night all by herself. She is so sweet, and so clever! Kindergarten is really her thing, she loves it, even wants to go to school on Saturday. She has a sweet little friend named Maddy, and I just found out they leave out here on the West side too, Cabria couldn't be happier! Love you little girl, still can't believe you are almost 6.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
LOVE THIS...so true
"The biggest mistake I made is the one most of us make... I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of the three of [my children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more, and the getting it done a little less." ~Anna Quindlen
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
A few things about me...
35 to be exact, in honor of turning 35 tomorrow. I thought if I write some of this down it will be a constant reminder of how grateful and lucky I truly am.
1. I don't too much mind turning 35. 30 was harder for some reason.
2. I am driven to the verge of insanity by people who chew with their mouth open, I am constantly on my children about this and as a result they will probably have to have some serious therapy as they get older.
3. I do believe laughter is the best medicine, the kind of laughing that makes your deep stomach muscles sore and your cheeks ache.
4. Most of the time it is Trace, making me laugh this hard!
5. I constantly worry about my mothering instincts...if I am being to hard on my kids, if I will screw them up.
6. I really want to write a book about my goofy daughter and all the silly things she has done in the past 5 years. Still haven't gotten around to it...someday maybe.
7. I was making a stain-glass carousel horse in Art my senior year of high school. It was huge and I worked so hard on that thing, but ended up not finishing it before I graduated so ended up having to trash the whole thing. So sad.
8. I love when my husband empties the dishwasher and cleans the kitchen, there is just something about walking into a sparkling clean kitchen that makes my heart sing.
9. I have a passion for cooking that I didn't know I had until recently, it makes me happy coming up with new recipes. Trace says I am better than Bobbly Flay and Cabria says I am the best "maker" in the world.
10. I LOVE the Cadbury mini eggs that come out at Easter, and could probably consume about 4 bags in one sitting.
11. I hold so much admiration for my mom, she has such a quiet strength about her. She has taught me so much about honesty and character, and how to overcome adversity. I love the fact that I can ask her opinion about anything and get an honest un-biased answer. I can only hope to be half the mother she has been to me.
12. There is not a day that passes that I don't think of Kylie. I wonder what she would be like today. Would she look like Michael or me, what kind of personality would she have. I miss her so much! I am thankful that she has her Papa and Uncle Nick taking care of her in Heaven.
13. I hate going to the Dr. My heart starts racing and I break out into a cold sweat while in the waiting room. Not really sure why???
14. I've always wanted to learn how to play an instrument...the guitar or the piano. I want to take guitar lessons with Trace.
15. I had a mini elementary school reunion back in December and was really nervous about it, but it turned out to be one of the best nights ever. It was great to see and re-connect with friends from my past. Almost therapeutic, I highly recommend it and never thought I would say that EVER.
16. Training Table's cheese fries with dipping sauce are the ultimate indulgence!
17. I miss my dad, I really wish he could be around to see what a character Cabria has turned into. I know how proud he would be of the young man Trace has grown into. I wish I could call him to ask his opinion about something or to get his take on a recipe I am cooking up.
18. I came up with the idea of putting a glass jar on the kitchen table with a bunch of random questions in it. We discuss 2 of the questions at dinner. The kids LOVE it, and are disappointed when we don't sit down to dinner together.
19. I love being a mom, and would probably have 12 children if I knew for certain that they would all be healthy.
20. Being pregnant is really the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I was always in a constant state of worry (panic) the whole 9 months. So much so, I think that it robbed me of the joy that most experience when they are pregnant. I am and will always be eternally grateful for 1 beautiful baby I have in Heaven and the 2 beautiful children here on earth. God has truly blessed me.
21. I love the smell of home-made chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven.
22. I love laying in bed in the morning and listening to the birds chirping outside the window...a sure sign that spring is on it's way.
23. I can't believe that this September I will have been married to my high-school sweetheart for 15 years!!! We have definitely been through our share of heartache. I know that there is no one else I would have wanted to walk that journey with me.
24. There are few things that make me happier than seeing my children get along. Especially when it is Trace helping out his little sister. He is very protective of her and she adores him.
25. I adore my big brother, although I don't think he knows it. He has been through a lot in his life and I admire how he has come out on the other side. I need to tell him I love him more often.
24. It makes me sad that most of my family is in Scotland and that I can't see them as much as I would like. I would love for them to all experience a Thanksgiving in my home.
25. I am so thankful for my husband's family here. Cathy and Bill, Mike and Lynda, Matt and Jaime and Emma. Aunts Lynette, Nancee and Uncles Kevin, Steve and Derik. You are my family and have never treated me any differently. Thank you for accepting me and my family and loving me unconditionally.
26. I love that Michael has made it a tradition to take me up to Stein-Erikson lodge to celebrate our anniversary...it is such a great romantic getaway, if only just for a night.
27. I love entertaining at our house and LOVE our Halloween party every year, and the fact that it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
28. I consider myself so lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends. Some new and some old, I know that they would all do anything for me and am so thankful for that.
29. I hate that I always battle with my weight, and the fact that I work out so hard and nothing changes. I detest those people that can eat anything and never gain an ounce and that don't realize how hard some people struggle with it. I wish I could shield Cabria from ever having to deal with it.
30. I found out this year that I love sushi and oysters...thanks to my hubby. I am grateful that he sometimes forces me to try new things, because more often than not I end up loving it.
31. I HATE that I am such a people pleaser, it is my arch nemesis. I wish I had a thicker skin and didn't let things get to me.
32. I DREAM about the 7 layer chocolate cake from Costco, it whispers to me in the night! I hate the fact that my bum expands 3 inches if I even so much as sniff it's yumminess!
33. Spending time with family and friends in our backyard chatting the day away is my idea of the perfect day!
34. I wish I could have had a relationship with my grandparents. I see how close my kids are to theirs and realize how much I missed out on. I know how much their lives are enlightened by them. It gives my pure joy to see just how deep that bond runs!
35. I want to get back to watercoloring again. In fact, I would love to illustrate a children's book one day. Or maybe even write one and illustrate it myself!
Thanks for reading my ramblings...it was a great reminder of just how much 35 years has given me!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Not a baby anymore...
Loving lipstick, Hannah Montana, dress-up, dancing around singing to Taylor Swift, picking out her own outfits and doing her own hair. She is so independent! So this was a rare occasion where she didn't have any make-up on and she let me do her hair. She has the sweetest disposition, and is loved way beyond words!