Tuesday, February 16, 2010
35 to be exact, in honor of turning 35 tomorrow. I thought if I write some of this down it will be a constant reminder of how grateful and lucky I truly am.
1. I don't too much mind turning 35. 30 was harder for some reason.
2. I am driven to the verge of insanity by people who chew with their mouth open, I am constantly on my children about this and as a result they will probably have to have some serious therapy as they get older.
3. I do believe laughter is the best medicine, the kind of laughing that makes your deep stomach muscles sore and your cheeks ache.
4. Most of the time it is Trace, making me laugh this hard!
5. I constantly worry about my mothering instincts...if I am being to hard on my kids, if I will screw them up.
6. I really want to write a book about my goofy daughter and all the silly things she has done in the past 5 years. Still haven't gotten around to it...someday maybe.
7. I was making a stain-glass carousel horse in Art my senior year of high school. It was huge and I worked so hard on that thing, but ended up not finishing it before I graduated so ended up having to trash the whole thing. So sad.
8. I love when my husband empties the dishwasher and cleans the kitchen, there is just something about walking into a sparkling clean kitchen that makes my heart sing.
9. I have a passion for cooking that I didn't know I had until recently, it makes me happy coming up with new recipes. Trace says I am better than Bobbly Flay and Cabria says I am the best "maker" in the world.
10. I LOVE the Cadbury mini eggs that come out at Easter, and could probably consume about 4 bags in one sitting.
11. I hold so much admiration for my mom, she has such a quiet strength about her. She has taught me so much about honesty and character, and how to overcome adversity. I love the fact that I can ask her opinion about anything and get an honest un-biased answer. I can only hope to be half the mother she has been to me.
12. There is not a day that passes that I don't think of Kylie. I wonder what she would be like today. Would she look like Michael or me, what kind of personality would she have. I miss her so much! I am thankful that she has her Papa and Uncle Nick taking care of her in Heaven.
13. I hate going to the Dr. My heart starts racing and I break out into a cold sweat while in the waiting room. Not really sure why???
14. I've always wanted to learn how to play an instrument...the guitar or the piano. I want to take guitar lessons with Trace.
15. I had a mini elementary school reunion back in December and was really nervous about it, but it turned out to be one of the best nights ever. It was great to see and re-connect with friends from my past. Almost therapeutic, I highly recommend it and never thought I would say that EVER.
16. Training Table's cheese fries with dipping sauce are the ultimate indulgence!
17. I miss my dad, I really wish he could be around to see what a character Cabria has turned into. I know how proud he would be of the young man Trace has grown into. I wish I could call him to ask his opinion about something or to get his take on a recipe I am cooking up.
18. I came up with the idea of putting a glass jar on the kitchen table with a bunch of random questions in it. We discuss 2 of the questions at dinner. The kids LOVE it, and are disappointed when we don't sit down to dinner together.
19. I love being a mom, and would probably have 12 children if I knew for certain that they would all be healthy.
20. Being pregnant is really the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I was always in a constant state of worry (panic) the whole 9 months. So much so, I think that it robbed me of the joy that most experience when they are pregnant. I am and will always be eternally grateful for 1 beautiful baby I have in Heaven and the 2 beautiful children here on earth. God has truly blessed me.
21. I love the smell of home-made chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven.
22. I love laying in bed in the morning and listening to the birds chirping outside the window...a sure sign that spring is on it's way.
23. I can't believe that this September I will have been married to my high-school sweetheart for 15 years!!! We have definitely been through our share of heartache. I know that there is no one else I would have wanted to walk that journey with me.
24. There are few things that make me happier than seeing my children get along. Especially when it is Trace helping out his little sister. He is very protective of her and she adores him.
25. I adore my big brother, although I don't think he knows it. He has been through a lot in his life and I admire how he has come out on the other side. I need to tell him I love him more often.
24. It makes me sad that most of my family is in Scotland and that I can't see them as much as I would like. I would love for them to all experience a Thanksgiving in my home.
25. I am so thankful for my husband's family here. Cathy and Bill, Mike and Lynda, Matt and Jaime and Emma. Aunts Lynette, Nancee and Uncles Kevin, Steve and Derik. You are my family and have never treated me any differently. Thank you for accepting me and my family and loving me unconditionally.
26. I love that Michael has made it a tradition to take me up to Stein-Erikson lodge to celebrate our anniversary...it is such a great romantic getaway, if only just for a night.
27. I love entertaining at our house and LOVE our Halloween party every year, and the fact that it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
28. I consider myself so lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends. Some new and some old, I know that they would all do anything for me and am so thankful for that.
29. I hate that I always battle with my weight, and the fact that I work out so hard and nothing changes. I detest those people that can eat anything and never gain an ounce and that don't realize how hard some people struggle with it. I wish I could shield Cabria from ever having to deal with it.
30. I found out this year that I love sushi and oysters...thanks to my hubby. I am grateful that he sometimes forces me to try new things, because more often than not I end up loving it.
31. I HATE that I am such a people pleaser, it is my arch nemesis. I wish I had a thicker skin and didn't let things get to me.
32. I DREAM about the 7 layer chocolate cake from Costco, it whispers to me in the night! I hate the fact that my bum expands 3 inches if I even so much as sniff it's yumminess!
33. Spending time with family and friends in our backyard chatting the day away is my idea of the perfect day!
34. I wish I could have had a relationship with my grandparents. I see how close my kids are to theirs and realize how much I missed out on. I know how much their lives are enlightened by them. It gives my pure joy to see just how deep that bond runs!
35. I want to get back to watercoloring again. In fact, I would love to illustrate a children's book one day. Or maybe even write one and illustrate it myself!
Thanks for reading my ramblings...it was a great reminder of just how much 35 years has given me!